Sick..
So I've been sick for the past week. And I was sick a week before that. I'm sick of being sick. Seriously... enough's enough. On a positive note though, I am feeling better.
It's been a while since I updated. My major news is that two weeks ago, I went on a tour of Northern Ireland. It was fabulous. I had a great time. Went to the Locke's Distillery in Westmeath. Then headed to Clonmacnoise which is a monastery. Then headed up to Galway. I didn't do too much in Galway. But we did go out for a great meal that night and also to the King's Head for a bit of craic. I left early though. But those Kiwis and Aussies know how to party and stayed out late.
The next day we were supposed to climb Croke Patrick. I'm sure the spelling is wrong, but because it rained we couldn't. So we drove to a bunch of different places, but our final stop was in Westport in Mayo. It was such a cute town, and I was sad that we got there kind of late. It would have been nice to have been able to see the town a little more.
We went to Strandhill and Drumcliffe in Sligo (where Yeats is buried) the following day. You had the option of doing a seaweed bath, but I was in no mood so I didn't do it. Everyone says it was great though. Really relaxing. We got into Derry quite late that night. I went out to dinner with one of the Kiwis. We went to this American restaurant called O'Briens Steakhouse. It was so good. I haven't eaten like that in a while.
The following morning we did a walking tour of Derry, went to Glenveagh in Donegal and took a two hour walk and then back to Derry that evening. I didn't do too much that night but buy loads of food from Tesco. I must have been really hungry.
I think the Friday was the best. We went to Dunluce Castle, Giant's Causeway and I went across the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge which was pretty cool. We got into Belfast that night and saw where the Titanic was built. I did manage to go out in Belfast, but the place we went to was very studenty and croweded. But still it was good craic.
The next morning, I went shopping in Belfast. Then we headed back to Dublin, with stops in Armagh, Slane Castle, Newgrange and Drogheda.
It was a great trip. Acccomodation was pretty good except for the hostel in Derry. I had a really good time. That night some of the people from the tour and I went out dancing. And I think this is why I'm sick. The wise thing to do would have been to go home and go to bed early, but nooooo. As a result, I am paying the price.
I am going to Galway in early May, so I can go to the Aran Islands. This has always been a goal of mine. I go to Paris in late May. I go to London in June, Kent in July, Spain in August and then I head back home to Toronto. I can't believe I only have four short months left here... but as they say all good things must come to an end.
With that being said, one of my Canadian friends, Stacey went home yesterday. Lorraine moves to London tomorrow and Arianna goes back to Canada next Monday. So that's been quite the blow to deal with. I go from having friends to having no friends. A slight exaggeration, but they will be missed.
Hope you're all well....
It's been a while since I updated. My major news is that two weeks ago, I went on a tour of Northern Ireland. It was fabulous. I had a great time. Went to the Locke's Distillery in Westmeath. Then headed to Clonmacnoise which is a monastery. Then headed up to Galway. I didn't do too much in Galway. But we did go out for a great meal that night and also to the King's Head for a bit of craic. I left early though. But those Kiwis and Aussies know how to party and stayed out late.
The next day we were supposed to climb Croke Patrick. I'm sure the spelling is wrong, but because it rained we couldn't. So we drove to a bunch of different places, but our final stop was in Westport in Mayo. It was such a cute town, and I was sad that we got there kind of late. It would have been nice to have been able to see the town a little more.
We went to Strandhill and Drumcliffe in Sligo (where Yeats is buried) the following day. You had the option of doing a seaweed bath, but I was in no mood so I didn't do it. Everyone says it was great though. Really relaxing. We got into Derry quite late that night. I went out to dinner with one of the Kiwis. We went to this American restaurant called O'Briens Steakhouse. It was so good. I haven't eaten like that in a while.
The following morning we did a walking tour of Derry, went to Glenveagh in Donegal and took a two hour walk and then back to Derry that evening. I didn't do too much that night but buy loads of food from Tesco. I must have been really hungry.
I think the Friday was the best. We went to Dunluce Castle, Giant's Causeway and I went across the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge which was pretty cool. We got into Belfast that night and saw where the Titanic was built. I did manage to go out in Belfast, but the place we went to was very studenty and croweded. But still it was good craic.
The next morning, I went shopping in Belfast. Then we headed back to Dublin, with stops in Armagh, Slane Castle, Newgrange and Drogheda.
It was a great trip. Acccomodation was pretty good except for the hostel in Derry. I had a really good time. That night some of the people from the tour and I went out dancing. And I think this is why I'm sick. The wise thing to do would have been to go home and go to bed early, but nooooo. As a result, I am paying the price.
I am going to Galway in early May, so I can go to the Aran Islands. This has always been a goal of mine. I go to Paris in late May. I go to London in June, Kent in July, Spain in August and then I head back home to Toronto. I can't believe I only have four short months left here... but as they say all good things must come to an end.
With that being said, one of my Canadian friends, Stacey went home yesterday. Lorraine moves to London tomorrow and Arianna goes back to Canada next Monday. So that's been quite the blow to deal with. I go from having friends to having no friends. A slight exaggeration, but they will be missed.
Hope you're all well....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home